Sunday, October 30, 2011

Moon Bounce anyone?

My kids LOVE going to moonbounce places. There aren't a lot in the valley, but there are a few... here's a list, with prices and locations:

1. McKee Ranch. I HIGHLY Recommend this place. It has seasonal activities (last weekend we went and picked a pumpkin). animals such as chickens and bunnies roaming around the place, horses and donkeys you can feed (bring plenty of carrots!), and for Halloween, the ranch is COVERED in pumpkins. THe cost to "pick your own pumpkin" is $20 per family, which was fine by me. You don't really get to "pick" it, because this is the desert and nothing grows here, however you can "choose" a pumpkin, and some of them are pretty nice. WE went on a pony ride ($5 per kid), went on a little tractor-pulled hayride (the only one I could find in the whole valley - and FREE!), a moonbounce ($3 per kid), crafts, games and food. A bit pricey once you start getting into it, but that was OK with me because the place was so charming. There's plenty of free stuff to do too, but if you go be prepared, they WILL make you pay the $20 to pick a pumpkin. Plenty of other seasonal stuff available at other times of the year.
Located at 8982 Dean Martin Drive, its just off the 215 and less than half an hour from my doorstep. Open til around 8pm even though the website says 6 (a nice surprise). They also have horse boarding and riding lessons. Website is http://www.mckeeranchevents.com/ Contact them at 702-361-9606.

2. Bounce U of Henderson. Located on Stephanie behind the galleria mall, this is a nice little place to bring your kids on the weekends or days off. It costs $7 per person, and adults can play but don't have to pay. Bring Socks or you'll spend $2 a pair here.  The only drawback is that they have very limited "open bounce" hours, so you have to plan your day oaround when their open bounce hours are. They have a fun Friday night "cosmic bounce" with music and strobe lights which is great for older kids, but I don't recommend it for small children (mine got trampled by the stampede). If you have LITTLE guys, your best bet is to go during the week. They also do kid's parties, but they're a bit on the expensive side. Check them out at http://www.bounceu.com/ they actually have locations all over the USA as well. The Henderson number is 702-735-JUMP.

3. Jumpfitkids. Touted as a "kids gym," (it's not), this place is off Eastern by the 215. I went there the other day and though they are great for the small set (miniature moonbounces that are perfect for preschoolers), I was dismayed to find out they'd increased their prices from $7 per kid to $10 per kid. I have three kids. So I'll only be taking my two preschoolers there from now on. They do have one advantage over BounceU, and that is that they allow you to bounce all day (you can even leave and come back). But this isn't helpful to me since my little guys can only take at maximum two hours before they get cranky. You may find differently. Check them out at http://www.jumpfitkids.com/ Call them at 702-403-2190.

4. Seasonal Adventures. These places have popped up all over the place in the last month, and since tomorrow is Halloween, I'm sure they'll be gone to be replaced by Christmas Tree Lots within a couple of days. The website was completely unhelpful - it said they'd list places but it didn't (not a good marketing strategy, guys), and I plan on taking my kids there today. Basically it looks like a bunch of pumpkins spread around and big moonbounces. I'll review it when I get back and hopefully get some more info. THe website is http://www.seasonaladventures.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment